Monday, October 23, 2006

I Love You ... Man Utd (Part 2)

After Man Utd became the treble winners in 1999, their form on the field wasn't as good as it used to be. They fluctuated between 1st and 3rd for a couple of seasons. To add to that misery, Becks left the club in 2003 after he had a row with the MAN himself, Ferguson.

Moreover, on the same year, Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich bought Chelsea FC for a reported £60 million and have spent more than £200 million rebuilding the squad, buying world class players such as Shevchenko, Robben and Ballack. He basically bought every seasons' premiership title with his wealth, putting more pressure on Man Utd.

Perhaps this was the reason why Ruud van Nistelrooy was sold to Real Madrid last season. Fergie wanted his players to perform at the time when the team was trailing Roman's boys. Somehow Ruud couldn't find his form and Fergie quickly opted for Saha. Time and time again Ruud had to start on the bench, which made him pissed off at Fergie. I mean Ruud is a world class striker and if 70,000 fans can scream Ruuuuudd everytime he scores, that shows how important Ruud is to the squad. The row started and that ended Ruud's career at Man Utd.

It has been years since I started criticizing the club that I have loved for more than 10 years. I'm angry at Fergie for selling influential players like Becks and Ruud, and I'm also pissed off at the club for not spending enough money on buying world class players. The club earns around £160 million a year (that doesn't include Glazers loan to buy the club) but last summer they only spent £17 million on Carrick. BTW, who the hell is Carrick anyways? When Man Utd could have bought cheap world class players from Juventus, they opted for a nobody from Spurs. WTF??

My anger just keeps on piling up and yet everytime they play in the Premiership or the Champions League, I'll be watching whether on TV or streaming online. I just can't keep my mind off of them. No matter how much I hate the club, I'll keep on supporting them. My undying devotion towards Man Utd will remain til the day I die. I guess I'm in the same situation as Jimmy Fallon in Fever Pitch. When you have loved someone/something for so long, you will love that person/thing no matter what.
These pictures were taken when I went to Old Trafford, I would never imagine myself going there my whole life but thank god I had the opportunity. Even though I had limited amount of money to spend on my Eurotrip, I still managed to spend a couple of pounds on Man Utd souvenirs. These items will remain close to my heart til I hold my last breath. If anybody wants to take them away from me, he/she can walk over my dead body.

If I could, I would like to be buried wearing nothing but my Man Utd flag. Since that's against my religious believes, maybe I could give it to my kid and hence create a tradition in my family. Just like Serip, he followed his dad's love for Man City.

Every weekend, my heart jumps and I would get goosebumps thinking about whether or not the Devils are gonna win. My craze for Man Utd can't be describe in words. I love you ... Man Utd, with all my heart and soul.

No comments: