Thursday, January 18, 2007

Immaturity

I had a conversation with Acai and Pisang yesterday/the day before yesterday. Pisang was talking about how our fren Zaid was involved in a accident. Well first of all, Zaid went back to M'sia for the winter break. And you know for sure it's a general fact that there are many fast and furious wannabes a.k.a poser drift. Berlagak cam power but actually not. NATO - No Action Talk Only.

Anyhew, Zaid went out his frens. One of them was driving a NAZA 206 (NAZA version of Peugeot 206) and he was planning on taking Zaid and his frens out. Everybody knows how much quality Malaysian cars have. You can say I'm not optimistic or patriotic, I don't care. That's a fact. Malaysian cars are made of cheap materials. That's why above 150 km/h, these cars are going to shake. That being said, Zaid's fren thinks he's Takumi Fujiwara. For those who don't know who Takumi is, well he is the drift master from Initial D.

Zaid's fren decided to go 160/170 km/h into a bend while his car was between a lorry and another car. 160 into a bend? Is he nuts or what? He didn't even use hand brakes. Pusing stereng je. One side of the car terangkat and the car toppled over. The car ended up lying in the middle of the road on it's side (roof facing left, tyres facing right). Thank god the Zaid and the dudes only got minor injuries. The heck is wrong with the driver. Dude to do a drift you need to change gears and brake not just because to reduce speed but also to shift the weight from the front to the rear. That's what stabilizes the car and this technique is hard to master.

Hearing this story, I realized that I was once a speed freak myself. Always wanna drive as fast as I could. The rush I get when I press the gas pedal is like getting an injection of adrenaline. The same feeling I get when I go for a rollercoaster ride. My heart beats faster. Syiok abis. But that was then and this is now. I don't drive like that anymore, especially when there're other people in the car.

Not because I'm a pussy, but .... if you think rationally the faster you drive the higher the risk it is for you to get into an accident because it's harder to control the car at higher speeds. When there are other people in your car, their lives are on your hands. Do you want your passengers to die under your responsibility? Coz the blame is gonna be on you. You're the driver, everything is gonna be on you.

That's what goes on in my mind everytime I start the engine. Responsibility. Not only for other people's life, but also for mine. How it might affect my mom and dad, my family. I don't want them to go through days and nights mourning about my death. That's is the reason why I don't drive fast. Perhaps I'll drive slower when I have my own family. My uncles did the same thing. Speed freaks when they were young, now in the highway 90km/h on a 110km/h limit.

I guess growing up has its positive impacts. I think more rationally. I am no more immature. Thank god.

3 comments:

cik tudung senget said...

ur parents mesti bangga giler dgn pemikiran yg ko ade nih..

Bart said...

hui terharu aku dengar org cakap camtuh ... tq

Anonymous said...

boleh drive laju kalau ada kereta bagus.