Monday, September 11, 2006

NYC trip

Before kicking off, I would like to give my deepest appreciation to the dudes from Minnesota for giving me a amicable welcome especially Napis, Esyam and Kolid. Even though I offered to cooked dinner, Napis refused to let me do so and he was the one who prepared dinner for me and the gang. Esyam well .. he taught me how to enjoy life to the fullest .. by hitting the spot you know whut I'm saying .. UHUUUKKK!! Kolid hmm .. even though he was reluctant to send me to the bus station he still let me sleep in his room and that's good enough for me.

I've been wanting to go to New York since last spring but some how I didn't have the chance to do so. I have covered the other parts of the States; California, Florida, the Midwest and the Yellowstone National Park. New York was the only place left for me to go. Meon's initial group was already full for one car. I was frustrated .. well kind of because I had nobody to turn to. Everybody else either already went to NY or prefered to go back home. I forgot how but I sort of heard from Esyam himself that he and Nafis were planning on a trip to NY. It was just a plan, wasn't confirmed until 2 weeks before we flew to NY. Anyhew, I went to Minneapolis alone in a Greyhound and spent a couple of days hanging out with Esyam, Nafis and Kolid.

On the 21st, Esyam, Nafis, Nafis' sister and me flew to NY. We spent about 4 days there and it was 4 memorable ones. We started our journey at Times Square. It was phuqin' busy with people moving to and fro, street performers and those who sell paintings by the street. There were many shops selling those cheap I heart NY tees. And at night the streets were lit up by the bright and colorful lights of every building around us. It was magical. It was just like when I was in Piccadilly Circus, London, the atmosphere was certainly 'happening'.

We also went to see the Statue of Liberty. We did go to Liberty Island but unfortunately after 9/11 they didn't allow anyone to go up. So, we only managed to take pics from down below. After that we covered the NBC studios. Sadly, Conan O'Brien wasn't there. I was hoping to see him as I wanted him to do the Donald Trump impression just for me haha. Yeah right. I ain't that stupid.

Next, it was the Madison Square Garden. What shocked me was that MSG consists of an indoor theatre, stadium and basketball court. It was like having Stadium Bukit Jalil inside a building. Our bad luck continued as Mariah Carey performed the night before we arrived. That's really phuqed up. Seriously guys, you could call me gay or whuteva but Mariah Carey is the queen of RnB. C'mon aaa! I would've gone to the damn concert.

We went to the Empire State Building at night and we could still see the whole city coz the shining lights were representing each building there. We also went to CNN and the United Nations. Nevermind the boring tour guide who made me yawn every 5 seconds, what suprised me was that at the start of the tour there was real Tepak Sirih. It said it was donated by the Malaysian Government. I was so phuqin proud man. Even though aku nih poser Melayu je, ade gak aa bangge warghwarghwargh.

But the most unforgettable moment was we went to see broadway. It was the Lion King and it was awesome. I'm not a theatre kind of dude coz I think it's a bit gayish but that play was really, really good. Honestly. Well I understood the play coz I've seen the movie before. But the songs and the performance were so great that I didn't fall asleep. I actually enjoyed watching it. It wasn't gay at all. To watch a kid so young but so rich in talent just amazed me. Everybody in that show knew what his/her character was about that it absorped me into the play. I felt as though I was in the play myself.


more pictures at my photo album

No comments: