Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Bush wasn't there

The trip from Niagara to DC exhausting as we traveled in the middle of night and I was the co-driver from 12 am til 6.30 in the morning. That's was like the first time I've stayed up in a year or so, with help from Nafis' Red Bull. We arrived at Kak Rod's house approximately 8 am and our level of tiredness was ... well the best way to describe it is what engineers usually use when the value is to big ... yeah infinity. But hearing that Kak Rod already cooked breakfast .. Nasi Goreng I think it was ... made us stay up a lil bit longer. Bile lagi org laki nak makan masakan ibu cam nih isn't it?

Anyhew, after getting to know Kak Rod a lil bit more during breakfast, we decided that it would be best for us to get some sleep since most of us were deprived of any sleep during the trip, excluding Nafis' sister who slept soundly through out the trip. Perhaps she thought that men are the ones who should drive women wherever women want to go. I thought women were the ones who asked for equal treatment?
Then, what the hell is this?? Saje nak emo lebey .. But Akak Nafis did belanje us a couple of times so I guess we all owed her.

After 2 hours of sleep, I was so not in the mood to move around and take pictures, the only mood I had was continuing my sleep. But we had to coz we only have one day in DC. We headed straight towards the Washington Monument. We've been calling it pencil through out the trip. I only learnt its name from Fido, after coming back from the trip. Basically we only went there to take pictures and then we went to the Abraham Lincoln Museum (I think that was the name of the place). Took pictures and moved on.

After that we went to another museum that had IMAX movies. So, we went to see Ant Bully. It wasn't an enjoyable experience as the IMAX 3D thing kind of suck IMO (I learn this IMO shit from Serip). The movie was good, it was just the glasses and the 3D part that disappointed me. I tried wearing the damn glasses but somehow I got a headache just by doing that. Then I tried watching the movie without the glasses, which gave me a bigger headache. Its a 3D movie so on the screen you can see 2 images side by side, at a single time. You'll see a 3D image when you wear the glasses. Since I wasn't comfortable with the glasses, I had to watch the damn thing for like 1 1/2 hours.

We didn't bother going to the thousands of museums that were in DC. I personally have never had any interest in American, world or Malaysian history. I remembered that in high school everytime in history class, I'll be yawning every couple of minutes. I'm an engineer man. Engineers don't give a rats ass about the history. They think about how they want to shape the future. WOW some words of wisdom coming from a wiseass.

Moving on, we went to the White House, not literally. We could only take pictures from outside. I noticed that there were a couple of US soldiers around the White House probably bcoz of the 9/11 attacks. Nak usya2 and amik gambar pon payah so we decided to go to the Capitol of the US. By that time it was already dark, so we only managed a couple of photos from the outside.

So, we went back to Kak Rod's house, hungry and exhausted. Sekali tgk Kak Rod buat masakan ibu lagi for us WOOOWWW syiioookkkkk abis. Beberape lauk plak tuh Kak Rod masak. Syiookkk x ingat. While having dinner, we chatted with Kak Rod and her husband Abg Zali I think his name was. Dan2 tgh mkn anak pompuan Kak Rod pon dtg join borak skali. WOW syiookk abih. Rupe2nye Kak Rod nih boley tahan cool gak tapi suami die jauh lagi cool. Tahap cool die, even though he's 40 years old still boley lepak kedai mamak skali ngan kiteorg. But the funniest thing about him was, if there was a club for all the MCPs in the world, mmg Abg Zali laaa president. Mmg die boley jadik idola aku aaa. Haha Kelakar gile borak ngan die. Anak pompuan die pon boley tahan cool gak siap die citer ade member lesbian die ajak die jadi lesbo. Yg aku x tahan Kak Rod ngan Abg Zali rilek je dengar anak die nih bercerite .. bapak coolnye diorang nih. Nih baru happy family namenye.

The next morning, we knew our flight was at 5.30 pm. So we had to move fast coz NY traffic is like hell for sure. We were ready by 10 and it was breakfast time. Skali Kak Rod buat masakan ibu lagi. This time it was Nasi Goreng campo cokodok. Cokodok tuh syiookk gile sampai pecah perut aku makan. By 11 we already left Kak Rod's house for JFK. Actually DC to NY is like 4 hours but we got into some traffic and by the time we arrived it was already 6 pm. Thank god our flight was delayed from 5.30 to 6.45. We still managed to catch the flight and went straight back home, Minessota that is.

If you want to see more pictures, visit my photoalbum

No comments: