Thursday, June 15, 2006

Multi-Racial Society


I read a blog the other day about how Malaysian government is giving special treatment to the Bumis. And he was giving statistics and numbers regarding the matter. For instance, special schools, loans and discounts just for Bumis.

I'm not saying those numbers are right or wrong or just plain exaggerated. I'm here to state my opinion on the special kind of education Bumis are getting. MRSM, SBP and Matriks are places where they can get this 'special' education. I'm not saying it's bad. As a matter of fact, I went to MRSM Pengkalan Chepa for my SPM exams and I have to say the education I got was the best and I'm really thankful for that. My school was number 1 for SPM that year.

The results were awesome but that's not what I'm concerned about. Before going to Pengkalan Chepa I was at a normal school and at that school I had many non-Bumi friends. I didn't have a problem hanging around them at that time. But when I went to MRSM PC, that school was 100% Bumi. It was even hard to find any non-Bumi in Kelantan. For 2 years, I only talked to and hanged with Malays.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but when I was done with high school and went to Intec for my prepatory program, I had a problem talking to non-Bumis as I haven't interact with them in 2 years. I could only talk in Malay. Lidah kelu nak cakap English. It was as though there was a barrier. And I could see that other students who went to MRSMs and SBPs had this problem. They were not used to interacting with non-Bumis. The same goes with Chinese students who went to Chinese schools. They had a problem talking to non-Chinese students. It took me awhile to improve my social skills.

We have been a multi-racial society for more than 50 years now but we still have inter-racial issues. It is important for us to solve this problem bcoz we don't want the May 13th 1969 tragedy (is it the 13th?) come back to haunt us. The government should make all schools open to all races as everybody deserves the same great education. If we can create this harmony between races at such an early age, Malaysia would be a better place to live in.

11 comments:

dy said...

a non-controversial entry by badol.. what a surprise. kuikui

Bart said...

Why does it have to be a suprise to u? Is it wrong for me to write about something I believe in? Do you think the only thing on my mind is dirty stuff only?

No offence Deya but I'm sick of people labeling as a perv and as though I can't think of anything other than sex.

Asrif Yusoff said...

yosh... lepen ah badol...

what's wrong with not being able to think about anything but sex anyway?

:)

Katak-kun said...

*nostalgia* sungguh gambar itu.
lek lek aa badul, tu pun mau melenting kaa. it's a fact anyway, right?
who do you define as non-bumi? from what i can see, it seems like you only include chinese in that group.
in our constitution, one of the requirement of being a warganegara msia is fluent in speaking malay. so why did you have this communicating problem? whose fault is this? we live in malaysia, its national language is malay, as a malaysian, automatically you have to know to speak malay. doesn't matter if malay's your second or third or even the 100th language, as long you understand and able to reply in malay. or whatever other language you prefer.

Anonymous said...

tu ah die... language barrier should not be a problem.. malaysians should be able to speak malay language... that's it

lek aa badol... haha... bagus gak entry ko ni... aku ade ramai non-malay frens gak.. tp kitorang communicate in malay... not in english.. or engrrisshh...

Bart said...

oi serip .. if you can only think about sex .. that shows how shallow your mind is .. in your case it's not a suprise aa dah lame sgt kenal ko

Bart said...

To Meon n Reefa,
It's like us living in the U.S aaa English is our 2nd language .. When we don't talk like they do .. they can't seem to understand what the hell we are talking about

The same goes with the Chinese and Indian who go to Chinese and Indian schools. I'm pretty sure they only talk in Malay in their BM class, just like us when we were in high school, we only talked in English in our BI class.

That's why every school in the country can't just be for one race. It needs to be a Kebangsaan school. We need to turn Jenis Kebangsaan schools into Kebangsaans, and make SBP and MRSM schools multi racial.

dy said...

Bart said...

"Why does it have to be a suprise to u? Is it wrong for me to write about something I believe in? Do you think the only thing on my mind is dirty stuff only?

No offence Deya but I'm sick of people labeling as a perv and as though I can't think of anything other than sex. "

Eish.. badul, badul.. who said anything about sex and dirty stuff? Controversial issues can be on politics etc..

Anonymous said...

Interracial turns me on, seriously bro. I cheer for interracial. Huzzah for Interracial. Interracial is teh shizznit!

There's nothing wrong with thinking about sex. Shallow for thinking about sex all the time? Isn't it kinda ironic to have that view come from someone who believes in liberating all kinds of classifications? Sizing up people based on their differences? Isn't this what the main objective of the topic is all about? There's nothing wrong with thinking of sex all the time. While I don't think it's the best way to go through life but labelling it with "shallow"...i don't know, bro. Sounds a little bit demeaning, don't you think? It's like saying someone is shallow cause he/she thinks too much about food or education or even love. See it this way, they're all our needs. Fitrah beb. Cuma yg bezanya sex tends to be slanting on the taboo side of nature, thats all there is to it.

In general, while I think that there needs to be a way to better up the social structure of Malaysia, I don't think generalization is THE ultimate way to go. Differences exist. That's what make each and everyone of us special. We don't need generalization. Putting the same amount of salt, sugar, pepper and other ingredients in one single pot does not necessarily give us a positive outcome. Right measurements is the key to a good recipe. All we need is to adapt, equalize, appreciate the differences and similarities. Chinese will always be Malays will always be Malays and same goes for every ethnic groups in Malaysia. Indians will be Indians. Be it "bumi" or "non bumi". No matter how you put them in one single organization and call them equal.

One more thing, dah kau pegi usik isu kontroversi memang aa akan dapat respons. Kamon aaa bebeh. Kalau kau pegi tulis pasal mende2 bodo, sapa nak spend masa nak tulis respon. Aku dah lama tak visit blog kau ni. Mesej panjang ni as an appreciation to show that aku still sayang kat kau bitch.

Bottom line,kau bising aaaa badol. Although, I can't deny the fact I miss your nipples. Show me some luv, bro. Show me some titties love.

Anonymous said...

siol,

aku nak ckp "Chinese will always be Chinese,Malays will always be Malays and same goes for every ethnic groups in Malaysia. Indians will be Indians. Be it "bumi" or "non bumi". No matter how you put them in one single organization and call them equal."

tertinggal perkataan Chinese.

ambil kesempatan to say, Yes I am a pervert and I am proud of it.

Damn, I miss your titties.

Anonymous said...

Sucky sucky five dorra...