Sunday, June 10, 2007

Kucing Liar

It's been awhile now .. I guess I've lost my interest in writing blogs lately. I've been busy looking for jobs for about 3 months now .. finally I got a reasonable job in KL .. Alhamdulillah.

Anyhew, I went back to Penang last Monday .. my parents were bored staying home I guess .. being retirees there's nothing much for them anyways. From my standpoint, besides meeting my gramps, I've got nothing else in Penang .. except for the good food, Goergetown is quite the 'Bandar Purba' to me .. very dull.

So, on Tuesday after visiting my gramps (my mother's side), my pop decided to take me to a Hamidiah restaurant somewhere in the middle of Penang, by foot. I was reluctant as the weather was hot as hell but my pop said "I've got something to show u."

So, we walking until we reached Argyll Road. I was a bit confused why my pop stopped walking as I couldn't figure out wtf was interesting bout this street anyways, it looked mundane to me.

And then my pop, while pointing a an ugly looking old house said "That was the home of the Alleycats brothers (David and Loga Arumugam), back in the day. This was where it all began." My pop added that he used to be classmates with David and Loga's elder brother, Mohinder (or something that start's with an M), when my pop was in Penang Free School.

The weird part was I didn't know Loga had lund cancer at that time. So, at the end of the day I was watching the news and found out that Loga already died. Daymn!! Baru nak feeling Alleycats skali meninggal plak.

Even though, I'm not a big fan of Malay music, I did watch Muzik Muzik in the late 80's/early 90's era when the Alleycats were quite big. I know they have been in the music scene since 1969 but only started recording tracks around late 70's I think.

Anyhew, during my 'budak hingusan' I was a big Alleycats fan myself with Sampaikanlah Salam and Hingga Akhir Nanti ringing thru my ears all the time. Until now their songs still get a lot of airtime on radios and remake of their songs such as Jika Kau Bercinta Lagi by Flop Poppy, could only signify how big they are.

I guess their evergreen singles will always remain in our hearts just like P.Ramlee's. More on their history and news can be found at Wikipedia

2 comments:

Fido Dido said...

sedih woo Loga mati... aku mmg peminat setia Alleycat dari dulu.. semua lagu2 diaorang aku hafal!! Btw, kau keje kat maner la skrg? Aper no hp kau? aku balik mesia jap bulan 8 nanti, so boleh la gi pekena teh tarik dgn roti canai sepam-dua.. kau belanja la tapi...

Bart said...

Aku skrang keje kat maxis plaza sentral ... busy sial skrang nih aku xde msae nak update blog .. ari2 balik by 10 pm dah ngantuk aahh ... tarak hal nak belanje .. bebudak sume dah balik lom?